Navigating through the NACA process can be lengthy & frustrating. Here are a couple of tips to
- First, ask you counselor! This is the person that is going to be meeting with you 1 on 1 for quite some time. Be honest and transparent about your financial situation so they can advise you.
- Choosing a real estate team that has extensive experience with the NACA program is extremely important. They can guide you through certain parts of the program ahead of time to have you prepared. For example, here at Entourage, we have an interest rate buy down expert. We can calculate buy down costs and monthly payments in mere minutes!
- You must be extremely patient, persistent, and determined.
- Gather all documents as soon as possible and keep them organized.
- Avoid withdrawing cash from ATM’s.
- No late payments(Must have 1 year record of all payments on time).
- Strong rental history. With statements/receipts
- Solid employment(2+ years recommended).
- Always do what the counselor asks for, as soon as possible.
- Do not make any large purchases, especially with credit.(buying new car, appliances, furniture, personal loans etc- always consult your counselor).
- Clean up your last 2 years credit history(if needed).
- Be completely honest about your financial situation during intake meeting.
- Never miss a scheduled appointment with your counselor.
- Scan documents into PDF files for ease of return access to them if necessary.
This list is never ending. More will be added.